Perfect on top of porridge, morning toast, pancakes, waffles and more.
These two berries create an incredible compote.
Perfect on top of porridge, morning toast, pancakes, waffles and more. As a kid, I remember picking fresh blackberries from my great-grandmother’s garden. Watching for the thorns, in search of a blackberry not fully ripened yet. I love(d) the tart ones. It’s as if nature knew just how good they were and set up the shield of thorns, just to keep us from eating them all at once.
Berries are bursting with antioxidants and for that; I try and eat a handful a day.
I hope you enjoy this colorful and sweet sap!
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- Heat a small pot on low flame
- Add all ingredients, stir to combine and cover with a lid
- After a minute, the berries should start to sweat
- Remove lid and start bursting the berries by pressing on them firmly with a fork (do this to half of the berries)
- Cover with a lid again and allow to lightly simmer*
- After a few minutes, the compote should start to form
- Add to a small airtight jar, place in fridge until you are ready to use