I don’t know anyone who has this drink just once, it’s too good.
I gravitate towards the yellow-orange hues in life.
Years ago; I started to notice that everything i ate in raw form, cooked in the kitchen and found myself swooning over was mustard, golden or brick orange.
This drink not only tastes amazing, but it is indeed…gold. The spices here add such a balance to the sweet agave. I add in raw forms of turmeric where I can, to amp up the properties of curcumin. Have you ever tasted raw turmeric? It’s quite beautiful. Be sure to pair pepper with curcumin to boost its magic!
I hope you enjoy a warm glass of this comforting drink – beyond the cold months.
- 1 tsp turmeric alchemy
- 3 cups plant milk *
- Sliver of fresh ginger
- Sliver of fresh turmeric
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1-1.5 tbsp agave
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch of pepper
- On low flame, add plant milk to a small pot
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir to combine – preferably with a whisk
- You’ll start to see as the milk heats, the ingredients begin to combine and the milk turns from a yellow color to a golden hue
- Keep stirring until this color has been reached and all ingredients are mixed thoroughly
- Serve warm and garnish with anise seeds