Creamy Golden Curry Soup
Loaded with protein, and beautiful fresh elements; the flavors in this soup are vibrant.
Golden dream of a soup.
I love curry, dearly. I don’t believe there’s been one week that’s gone by, for the last 3 years, that i haven’t had some form of curry.
This soup is a part of my ‘foods i have every week’ edition on Youtube and for good reason. Loaded with protein, and beautiful fresh elements; the flavors in this soup are vibrant. Blended soups and I have come a long way and it was this recipe along with my Roasted Squash & Pepper Soup that really got me excited to make them at home.
When i’m busy working through the week, exhausted at the end of a long day or simply want to have something hearty prepped in the freezer- this is my go to soup.
It’s also one of my favorites to serve for friends.
Visually this dish is -wow- and I love getting creative with the toppings depending on what i have on hand at the time. Roasted cashews add such a nice bite and the fresh produce gives a fresh balance to the cooked elements.
I hope a dish I enjoy weekly makes it to your rotation of yummy meals!
Creamy Golden Curry Soup
- 1 cup soaked + cooked chickpeas or 1 cup canned chickpeas *
- 2 cups soaked red lentils *
- 2 carrot, chopped (with skin)
- 1 sweet potato, cubed (with skin)
- Sliver of habanero pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh turmeric, chopped
- 5 garlic, chopped
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce *
- 2 ½ tbsp curry powder
- 1-2 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 cups water *
- 1 lime, juiced
- Purple onion, chopped
- Fresh cilantro
- Coconut cream
- 1 cup roasted cashews *
- Lime wedges
- In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil on low flame
- When oil is warmed add garlic, ginger and habanero – saute for 1- 2 minutes
- Add all spices, tomato sauce, sweet potatoes, chickpeas and lentils – saute for 2 minutes
- Add coconut milk, lime juice and water – stir to combine
- Increase the heat to medium flame
- When there is a light simmer, cover with a lid and lower temp to low-medium flame
- Allow to cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
- You know the soup is ready when the chickpeas, lentils and sweet potatoes are easily mashed with a fork
- Remove soup from heat and sprinkle in the raw turmeric
- Using an immersion blender, blend the entire soup together to create a creamy golden color*
- Top with toasted cashews, purple onion, lime, cilantro and coconut cream