Easy Avocado Toast
Happy breakfast with my take on this classic dish.
There are a million ways to ‘do’ this popular dish.
This recipe is my idea of a perfect ratio between charred bread and creamy avocado fruit. Chili flakes, lemon juice, spices and fresh sprouts create the perfect bite. No matter how many times i try a new version of this toast, I come back to this specific recipe. Layer this spread on thick-sliced sourdough, fermented and country bread for the optimal experience. Happy breakfast!
- 2 Slices of fresh bread (1-2 inches thick)
- 2 Avocado
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tbsp chili flakes
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 10 Sprigs of sprouts
- Lemon juice (to taste)
- Slice the bread
- Warm griddle to medium-high heat
- When griddle is warm, lay the bread face down to char *
- Repeat grilling on the other side once crisp and golden
- Layer 1 avocado on the toast and mash with a fork
- In a small dish add olive oil, garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper – stir
- Spoon some of the mixture on top of the avocado toast, to your liking
- Add sprouts on top
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice to toast