I love to use shiitake mushrooms for this recipe because they come with so much flavor, naturally.
The mushroom never disappoints.
I often use shiitake mushrooms to make crispy bits for toppings on pasta dishes, thin crisps for sandwiches and now… to top soups with.
I love to use shiitake mushrooms for this recipe because they come with so much flavor, naturally. Taking a bite into these shrooms is a mild crunch, like a teenie potato chip. The glaze from the maple syrup is gorgeous with the smoky paprika.
They are simple to make and will be gone in a flash!
- 3 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced thin (thickness equal to two quarters)
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place all ingredients into a stasher bag, or large food storage container
- Shake well to combine all ingredients
- Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes
- On parchment paper lined baking sheets, lay mushrooms flat *
- Bake for 8-10 minutes , or until golden crispy – careful not to burn! *
- Allow to cool/crisp up
- Serve on top of our creamy potato soup, inside of sandwiches, or as a snack themselves