Which ever way they are made – they’re gone in a flash and are another reason why we cherish the humble potato.
Petrice loves these crispy potatoes; so, it makes me love them that much more.
Just the right amount of soft inner to crunchy outer – these tatoes are … chefs kiss *.
My favorite way to have them is straight out of the oven, dipped in my Miso Tahini Sauce. I learned a new term recently called ‘moreish’. It’s a UK derived word to describe foods that make you want more and more and more of them. I confirm these potatoes do indeed make you want more of them. That’s why I usually double the recipe and get all of my baking trays on deck.
This dish is a part of my foods I have every week’ edition. Sometimes I make this recipe with regular wedges, crispy wedges (like here) and cubed small. Which ever way they are made – they’re gone in a flash and are another reason why we cherish the humble potato.
- 3 large russet potatoes, cut into thick wedges (about 16 per potato)
- ⅛ c olive oil + more for spraying *
- ½ tsp smoked paprika (or paprika)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Fresh thyme
- Miso Tahini sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil – with a pinch of salt
- Cut potatoes into wedges and plop them into the boiling water
- Boil potatoes until they can be pierced with a fork – they need to be soft
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Remove potatoes from water and drain
- Allow them to cool for a minute, releasing steam
- Rough up the potatoes to increase surface area *
- Lay the potatoes on lightly oiled parchment lined baking sheets, spread out evenly
- Using your hand or a flat spatula, begin pressing the potatoes into the baking sheet
- You want to flatten the potatoes to about ¼ – ½ inch (no need to make them uniform or perfect)
- Spray the tops of the potatoes with a bit of olive oil to encourage extra crisping
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden crispy around the rims of the potatoes
- No need to flip half way on this method, but feel free to if your heart desires!
- Garnish with salt and fresh thyme
- Serve hot!